If you aren't familiar with Far Away Land yet. Here is what the final game will include...
1. Simple d6 dice pool mechanic. Roll a handful of d6s, take the high die and add modifiers. Compare with a TN or opposed roll. Multiple 6s lets you boost your roll.
2. Characters can be created in about 5 minutes. Character Creation allows players to choose Jobs, Races, Boons and Flaws (players actually choose the Flaws for other PCs, not their own). There are 18 playable races. Jobs are likes classes but are completely open and allow the players to describe whatever they wish their PC to be (Jobs work to determine Boons and Flaws).
3. Training Montage system, allows players to narrate the way their character trains (using inspirational music...or not) in order to lessen the cost and time of training. Other players vote as to the awesomeness of the montage.
4. The Gods of Far Away Land (GFAL) is a mini-game that lets the players take on the roles of gods and build a world from scratch.
5. Architects of Far Away Land (AFAL) is a mini-game that lets players take on the roles if architects as they create cities, roads, dungeons, etc. to fill the world they created in the Gods of Far Away Land.
6. The Historians of Far Away Land (HFAL) is another mini-game that works directly with GFAL and AFAL. In Historians, players take on the role of historians. They create characters with areas f expertise and try and piece history back together. This is done through creating a simple group narrative where the players write the history of the world.
7. The End of Far Away Land are a set of rules that allow players and PCs to participate in end game elements such as a ruling a land, building an army, defining a legacy, etc..
8. The Core Rules of FAL allow for PC creation and adventures. These rules can be integrated into the mini-games in order to detail out specific events or to allow the players to take on roles in the world and partake in adventures...
9. Mass Combat rules allow easy combat on huge scales by using the same base d6 pool mechanic and incorporating ratios. Mass Combat is nearly as fast as normal combat.
10. Nearly 100 different powers and magic spells. Weapons and equipment are all simple and easy to maintain. Character Sheets are a single 8.5x11 inch pages (one-sided) with core rules included for fast reference.
11. Combat is fast and dirty. How well you hit helps determine how much damage is done by means of Margins of Success. Most of the time, players will never need to add or subtract numbers higher than 9. Record keeping is minimal.
12. Around 70 different monsters, many of which are custom for FAL.
13. The final book will be full color with artwork similar to that of the cover.
Here are the final versions (hopefully) of the cards to be included in the Kickstarter rewards... Both front and back have creature info!
Blogs I read...